Complaints and Disputes Committee Dutch Agreement on Sustainable Garments and Textile
For example, workers at production locations can submit a complaint to the committee about living wage, child labor or environmental damage. Representatives of employees or other civil society organisations that represent the interests of people, the environment or animals can also do this. The Committee has the power to make binding decisions.
Before the Committee deals with a received complaint, it assesses whether the complaint is in principle admissible. This assessment is limited and based solely on the content of the complaint submitted and the admissibility of the parties. If this assessment is positive, the Committee will deal with the complaint. After this decision, it will give the accused the opportunity to put forward a defense against the content of the complaint submitted and the admissibility of the parties.
During the handling of the complaint, all parties must observe secrecy. The decisions of the Committee are public and will be published on this page.
Are you an injured party and do you want to file a complaint? Read the complaints procedure of the Agreement. Would you like to contact the Committee or submit a complaint? Send an email to AGTfirstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition, the Committee focuses on resolving any problems (disputes) between companies and the secretariat to the Agreement or between parties to the Agreement. The Committee has the power to make binding decisions.
Complaints and disputes procedure
The Dutch Agreement on Sustainable Garments and Textile has an information page about complaints and disputes, a complaints procedure and an explanation for access to remediation via a dispute or complaint.
- 3 August 2020 | Complaint (in Dutch) of Stichting Onderzoek Multinationale Ondernemingen (SOMO), Stichting Schone Kleren Campagne (SKC) en Action Labor Rights (ALR) against C&A Nederland
- 9 December 2020 | Ruling in the case of Arisa – C&A Nederland
- 22 May 2019 | Ruling in the case of Corn. Van Dijk
- 22 May 2019 | Ruling in the case of Manderley Fashion
Complaints and Disputes Committee
The following members participate in the Complaints and Disputes Committee:
- M. Scheltema (independent chair)
- P. Brust (on behalf of employer organisations)
- H. van der Kolk (on behalf of employee organisations and civil society organisations).
The following substitute members participate in the Complaints and Disputes Committee:
- H. Mulder (independent chair)
- N. Mutsaerts (on behalf of employer organisations)
- G. Oonk (on behalf of employee organisations and civil society organisations)